More From Fiona Apple
- "There aren’t many poster children for cool angst. Everybody thinks it’s cool if you’re the bad girl."
- "When you’re surrounded by all these people, it can be even lonelier than when you’re by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don’t feel like you can trust anybody or talk to anybody, you feel like you’re really alone."
- "If I respect myself and believe in what I’m doing, no one can touch me."
More In Experience
- "Because wherever I am today, I still owe it to God and I owe it to two men – the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X and of course, two very special women, my mother and my wife."― Louis Farrakhan
- "I’d like to believe an accumulation of experience has made me a sort of a grown-up person, so I can have judgment and taste and whatever."― Maurice Sendak
- "I hate it when people don’t recognize the work of women as being universal, or having any import to the world at large, as opposed to men’s work, which is generally tends to be seen as more universal – men’s writing about their own experience tends to be put in a broader context."― Ani DiFranco