More From Fareed Zakaria
- "In a very weak economy, when you say ‘cut government spending,’ what you mean is you’re laying off school teachers and you’re de-funding various programs that put money into the economy. This means you have more unemployed people that then draw unemployment benefits and don’t pay taxes."
- "The technological revolution at home makes it much easier for computers to do our work."
- "The American dream seems to be thriving in Europe not at home."
More In War
- "War is never a solution; it is an aggravation."― Benjamin Disraeli
- "At every election, my vote goes to the candidate less likely to declare war. You’re dropping hugely expensive pieces of exploding metal on a population. America deserves the president it gets, whether the country votes for them or allows their vote to be stolen, and the least we can do is to elect someone who won’t do that to other people."― Ian MacKaye
- "The British soldier can stand up to anything except the British War Office."― George Bernard Shaw