More From Fareed Zakaria
- "I very much want to be in the business of creating content, of doing stories all over the world rather than figuring out what the business model is for ‘Newsweek’ on the iPad, although that’s very important work as well."
- "The great drama of Russian history has been between its state and society. Put simply, Russia has always had too much state and not enough society."
- "In a very weak economy, when you say ‘cut government spending,’ what you mean is you’re laying off school teachers and you’re de-funding various programs that put money into the economy. This means you have more unemployed people that then draw unemployment benefits and don’t pay taxes."
More In War
- "This is a game. That’s all it is. It’s not a war."― Jack Nicklaus
- "The battle for the mind of Ronald Reagan was like the trench warfare of World War I: never have so many fought so hard for such barren terrain."― Peggy Noonan
- "We have a war dictator who was not elected, he snuck in. so he punishes people that threaten him in any way, or even say something he doesn’t like. It has no resemblance to democracy."― Joni Mitchell