More From Fareed Zakaria
- "In a very weak economy, when you say ‘cut government spending,’ what you mean is you’re laying off school teachers and you’re de-funding various programs that put money into the economy. This means you have more unemployed people that then draw unemployment benefits and don’t pay taxes."
- "America’s growth historically has been fueled mostly by investment, education, productivity, innovation and immigration. The one thing that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with America’s growth rate is a brutal work schedule."
- "The American dream seems to be thriving in Europe not at home."
More In Politics
- "You know, I’m just not going to get into American politics."― Benjamin Netanyahu
- "A healthy democracy requires a decent society; it requires that we are honorable, generous, tolerant and respectful."― Charles W. Pickering
- "My philosophy comes from a worldview that looks at the world as one. It’s a holistic view that sees the world as interconnected and interdependent and integrated in so many different ways, which informs my politics."― Dennis Kucinich