More From Fareed Zakaria
- "During the Cold War, we were interested because we were scared that Russia and the United States were going to go to war. We were scared that Russia was going to take over the world. Every country became a battleground."
- "America’s growth historically has been fueled mostly by investment, education, productivity, innovation and immigration. The one thing that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with America’s growth rate is a brutal work schedule."
- "The American dream seems to be thriving in Europe not at home."
More In Politics
- "I have been poor and I wanted to document poverty; I had lost a child and I was obsessed with birth; I was interested in politics and I wanted to know how it affected our lives; I am a woman and I wanted to know about women."― Eve Arnold
- "The revenues of Cuban state-run companies are used exclusively for the benefit of the people, to whom they belong."― Fidel Castro
- "On the contrary, the characteristic element of the present situation is that economic questions have finally and irrevocably invaded the domain of public life and politics."― Arthur Henderson