More From Fareed Zakaria
- "The technological revolution at home makes it much easier for computers to do our work."
- "During the Cold War, we were interested because we were scared that Russia and the United States were going to go to war. We were scared that Russia was going to take over the world. Every country became a battleground."
- "Americans have so far put up with inequality because they felt they could change their status. They didn’t mind others being rich, as long as they had a path to move up as well. The American Dream is all about social mobility in a sense – the idea that anyone can make it."
More In Government
- "I found the offer of a knighthood something that I couldn’t possibly accept. I found it to be somehow squalid, a knighthood. There’s a relationship to government about knights."― Harold Pinter
- "Conceit spoils the finest genius. There is not much danger that real talent or goodness will be overlooked long; even if it is, the consciousness of possessing and using it well should satisfy one, and the great charm of all power is modesty."― Louisa May Alcott
- "If you join government, calmly make your contribution and move on. Don’t go along to get along; do your best and when you have to – and you will – leave, and be something else."― Peggy Noonan