More From F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Either you think, or else others have to think for you and take power from you, pervert and discipline your natural tastes, civilize and sterilize you."
- "Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat; the redeeming things are not happiness and pleasure but the deeper satisfactions that come out of struggle."
- "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."
More In Business
- "No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or ‘get rich’ in business by being a conformist."― J. Paul Getty
- "I have no business being a journalist. I’m the least, I’m the least – I’m the most trusting, I absolutely make a habit of believing anything that anybody tells me about themselves. I’ve never had any reason in the world to think that anyone has wanted to harm me, or lie to me. I believe whatever is being sold, most of the time."― Elizabeth Gilbert
- "Most of my relationships were people in the business. Having said that, me and Tim don’t really talk that much about work. He comes into my bit of the house every so often to vent but we don’t really have very high, cultured conversations."― Helena Bonham Carter