More From Euripides
- "One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives."
- "The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man."
- "Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man’s love."
More In Courage
- "I have always had the courage for the new things that life sometimes offers."― Wallis Simpson
- "Love is the most difficult and dangerous form of courage. Courage is the most desperate, admirable and noble kind of love."― Delmore Schwartz
- "The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of the time."― John Stuart Mill