More From Eugenio Montale
- "Mass communication, radio, and especially television, have attempted, not without success, to annihilate every possibility of solitude and reflection."
- "Poetry is the art which is technically within the grasp of everyone: a piece of paper and a pencil and one is ready."
- "I do not go in search of poetry. I wait for poetry to visit me."
More In Poetry
- "The poet exposes himself to the risk. All that has been said about poetry, all that he has learned about poetry, is only a partial assurance."― A. R. Ammons
- "But in the finished art of the song the use of words has no connection with the use of words in poetry."― John Drinkwater
- "So, poetry becomes a means for useful dialogue between people who are not only unknown, but mute to each other. It produces a dialogue among people that guards all of us against manipulation by our so-called leaders."― June Jordan