More From Eugenio Montale
- "Slowly poetry becomes visual because it paints images, but it is also musical: it unites two arts into one."
- "There is also poetry written to be shouted in a square in front of an enthusiastic crowd. This occurs especially in countries where authoritarian regimes are in power."
- "However, poetry does not live solely in books or in school anthologies."
More In Poetry
- "I write poetry in order to live more fully."― Judith Rodriguez
- "Living here on Earth, we breathe the rhythms of a universe that extends infinitely above us. When resonant harmonies arise between this vast outer cosmos and the inner human cosmos, poetry is born."― Daisaku Ikeda
- "Even when poetry has a meaning, as it usually has, it may be inadvisable to draw it out… Perfect understanding will sometimes almost extinguish pleasure."― A. E. Housman