More From Eugenio Montale
- "There is also poetry written to be shouted in a square in front of an enthusiastic crowd. This occurs especially in countries where authoritarian regimes are in power."
- "Mass communication, radio, and especially television, have attempted, not without success, to annihilate every possibility of solitude and reflection."
- "Slowly poetry becomes visual because it paints images, but it is also musical: it unites two arts into one."
More In Poetry
- "The other side of it is that, despite all that, people reach out to poetry at the key moments in their lives."― Paul Muldoon
- "I think the way we talk about cancer has really evolved. I remember the way my grandmother used to talk about it, like a death sentence, no-one would even mention the word."― Laura Linney
- "We all need ways to express ourselves, and poetry is one of mine."― Jack Prelutsky