More From Eugenio Montale
- "Narrative art, the novel, from Murasaki to Proust, has produced great works of poetry."
- "There is poetry even in prose, in all the great prose which is not merely utilitarian or didactic: there exist poets who write in prose or at least in more or less apparent prose; millions of poets write verses which have no connection with poetry."
- "I do not go in search of poetry. I wait for poetry to visit me."
More In Poetry
- "I wrote some bad poetry that I published in North African journals, but even as I withdrew into this reading, I also led the life of a kind of young hooligan."― Jacques Derrida
- "Stylized acting and direction is to realistic acting and direction as poetry is to prose."― Elia Kazan
- "I wrote The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God in five hours, but I had it all planned out. It isn’t poetry and it does not pretend to be, but it does what it sets out to do."― J. Milton Hayes