More From Ernie Banks
- "The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose."
- "But it all comes down to friendship, treating people right."
- "People ask me a lot about the values I got from playing for the Cubs for so many years. The value I got out of it was patience. A lot of people these days are not very patient."
More In Happiness
- "To attain happiness in another world we need only to believe something, while to secure it in this world we must do something."― Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- "To be able to throw one’s self away for the sake of a moment, to be able to sacrifice years for a woman’s smile – that is happiness."― Hermann Hesse
- "Objects we ardently pursue bring little happiness when gained; most of our pleasures come from unexpected sources."― Herbert Spencer