More From Ernest Hemingway
- "I don’t like to write like God. It is only because you never do it, though, that the critics think you can’t do it."
- "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
- "I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."
More In Happiness
- "Crying is cleansing. There’s a reason for tears, happiness or sadness."― Dionne Warwick
- "I don’t feel the need to direct. I tried to get other people to direct Dances, but they wouldn’t do it. They all thought it was too long. One director wanted to cut the Civil War sequence. Another thought the white woman was very cliched."― Kevin Costner
- "My mom died of cancer when I was really young. I’m not someone who tries to work out their own stuff with a role, but I think that happened despite my best efforts to keep myself separate from it."― Sarah Polley