More From Ernest Hemingway
- "The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself."
- "For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can."
- "Prose is architecture, not interior decoration, and the Baroque is over."
More In War
- "The Cold War was over long before it was officially declared dead."― John le Carre
- "I don’t think anyone in the media thinks strategically about society."― Todd Gitlin
- "I had very good support from Democrats and Republicans all throughout my administration. I had a very high batting average. We added more jobs per year in my four years than any other president since the Second World War."― Jimmy Carter