More From Erma Bombeck
- "For years my wedding ring has done its job. It has led me not into temptation. It has reminded my husband numerous times at parties that it’s time to go home. It has been a source of relief to a dinner companion. It has been a status symbol in the maternity ward."
- "Being a child at home alone in the summer is a high-risk occupation. If you call your mother at work thirteen times an hour, she can hurt you."
- "Onion rings in the car cushions do not improve with time."
More In Car
- "I did 10 years of comedies and 10 years of Westerns. I really like to stay away from car chases. I prefer the more intimate film. You have a much more direct association with the emotions."― Elmer Bernstein
- "I’ve spent more on my Dodger tickets that I did on my car."― Shia LaBeouf
- "I keep my weight low, although you need to be able to move your weight around the race car to change the balance. I’m 6ft and I’m 70kg so I haven’t much fat on me."― Jenson Button