More From Erma Bombeck
- "All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them."
- "Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever. Women never throw out spices. The Egyptians were buried with their spices. I know which one I’m taking with me when I go."
- "Who in their infinite wisdom decreed that Little League uniforms be white? Certainly not a mother."
More In Car
- "It was in San Diego and I was onstage and couldn’t remember how to play the guitar properly. I was in terrible pain and my nervous system was just going wild, like somebody had just run a car over me."― Andy Partridge
- "To have some idea what it’s like, stand in the outside lane of a motorway, get your mate to drive his car at you at 95 mph and wait until he’s 12 yards away, before you decide which way to jump."― Geoffrey Boycott
- "Stay humble. Always answer your phone – no matter who else is in the car."― Jack Lemmon