More From Erica Jong
- "Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness."
- "There is still the feeling that women’s writing is a lesser class of writing, that what goes on in the nursery or the bedroom is not as important as what goes on in the battlefield, that what women know about is a less category of knowledge."
- "My grandchildren are fabulous and funny."
More In Women
- "My main goal is to stay healthy because when you’re injured you realise how lucky you are to have your health."― Maria Sharapova
- "To be born woman is to know – although they do not speak of it at school – women must labor to be beautiful."― William Butler Yeats
- "All sympathy not consistent with acknowledged virtue is but disguised selfishness."― Samuel Taylor Coleridge