More From Erica Jong
- "Women are not the richer sex. Women are not equal in society."
- "Sadly, because of the enormous gap between rich and poor, some mothers can afford helpers, but many can’t. Those who can would be kinder to refrain from criticizing other women."
- "Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness."
More In Women
- "I do want people to know that the songs that I wrote when I was with women were really about women. And the songs that I’ve written since have been fairly obvious about men."― George Michael
- "The simplest of women are wonderful liars who can extricate themselves from the most difficult dilemmas with a skill bordering on genius."― Guy de Maupassant
- "The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women’s emancipation."― Elizabeth Cady Stanton