More From Eric Hoffer
- "Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves."
- "Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy – the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation."
- "It is the around-the-corner brand of hope that prompts people to action, while the distant hope acts as an opiate."
More In Nature
- "Caught up in life, you see it badly. You suffer from it or enjoy it too much. The artist, in my opinion, is a monstrosity, something outside of nature."― Gustave Flaubert
- "How strange that nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!"― Emily Dickinson
- "You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet."― Hal Borland