More From Eric Hoffer
- "It is the malady of our age that the young are so busy teaching us that they have no time left to learn."
- "The greatest weariness comes from work not done."
- "It is remarkable by how much a pinch of malice enhances the penetrating power of an idea or an opinion. Our ears, it seems, are wonderfully attuned to sneers and evil reports about our fellow men."
More In Death
- "Death is delightful. Death is dawn, The waking from a weary night Of fevers unto truth and light."― James Russell Lowell
- "Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh."― Marcus Aurelius
- "Death is not the end. There remains the litigation over the estate."― Ambrose Bierce