More From Eric Alterman
- "Three centuries after the appearance of Franklin’s ‘Courant,’ it no longer requires a dystopic imagination to wonder who will have the dubious distinction of publishing America’s last genuine newspaper. Few believe that newspapers in their current printed form will survive."
- "We live in a media world simultaneously obsessed with technology and personality."
- "Americans have always evinced some distrust of government, but the current situation has exacerbated this to a degree that may be unprecedented."
More In Anger
- "I’m fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there’s a lot of poetry in it. There’s a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you’d better listen to it pretty carefully, ’cause it’s important."― John F. Kerry
- "Being told about the effects of climate change is an appeal to our reason and to our desire to bring about change. But to see that Africans are the hardest hit by climate change, even though they generate almost no greenhouse gas, is a glaring injustice, which also triggers anger and outrage over those who seek to ignore it."― Sigmar Gabriel
- "Remember, I’m a doctor’s daughter. So obviously I’m interested in all medical things."― Nancy Reagan