More From Eric Alterman
- "Most of the provisions designed to fix what ails our health system don’t kick in until 2014, which, one wishes administration officials had noticed, is two years after he has to win an election."
- "The myth of the liberal media empowers conservatives to control debate in the United States to the point where liberals cannot even hope for a fair shake anymore."
- "Three centuries after the appearance of Franklin’s ‘Courant,’ it no longer requires a dystopic imagination to wonder who will have the dubious distinction of publishing America’s last genuine newspaper. Few believe that newspapers in their current printed form will survive."
More In Anger
- "In the heat of our campaigns, we have all become accustomed to a little anger and exaggeration. Yet, on the whole, our political process has served us well."― Edmund S. Muskie
- "We at the Department of Education are going to provide technical assistance; I’ve committed $14 million to show states how they might meet this more sophisticated approach."― Margaret Spellings
- "Anger is a momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you."― G. M. Trevelyan