More From Epictetus
- "Freedom is not procured by a full enjoyment of what is desired, but by controlling the desire."
- "If virtue promises happiness, prosperity and peace, then progress in virtue is progress in each of these for to whatever point the perfection of anything brings us, progress is always an approach toward it."
- "It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them."
More In Imagination
- "There’s no artist in this world that doesn’t enjoy the dream that if they have bad reviews now, the story of Keats can redeem them, in their fantasy or imagination, in the future. I think Keats’ poem ‘Endymion’ is a really difficult poem, and I’m not surprised that a lot of people pulled it apart in a way."― Jane Campion
- "Then I decided to draw from and on my own imagination, and everything came out perfect."― Jack Prelutsky
- "I always imagined I could be what I wanted to be."― Chris Brown