More From Enid Bagnold
- "If a dog doesn’t put you first where are you both? In what relation? A dog needs God. It lives by your glances, your wishes. It even shares your humor. This happens about the fifth year. If it doesn’t happen you are only keeping an animal."
- "In marriage there are no manners to keep up, and beneath the wildest accusations no real criticism. Each is familiar with that ancient child in the other who may erupt again. We are not ridiculous to ourselves. We are ageless. That is the luxury of the wedding ring."
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again."
More In Medical
- "As far as hypnosis is concerned, I had a very serious problem when I was in my twenties. I encountered a man who later became the president of the American Society of Medical Hypnosis. He couldn’t hypnotize me."― Theodore Sturgeon
- "I am very abnormal… But it wasn’t very long ago that I wasn’t so abnormal. I was very normal and headed for a lifetime of paying medical bills as proof of my normalcy."― Dirk Benedict
- "Even top caliber hospitals cannot escape medical mistakes that sometimes result in irreparable damage to patients."― Carl Levin