More From Enid Bagnold
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again."
- "If a dog doesn’t put you first where are you both? In what relation? A dog needs God. It lives by your glances, your wishes. It even shares your humor. This happens about the fifth year. If it doesn’t happen you are only keeping an animal."
- "In marriage there are no manners to keep up, and beneath the wildest accusations no real criticism. Each is familiar with that ancient child in the other who may erupt again. We are not ridiculous to ourselves. We are ageless. That is the luxury of the wedding ring."
More In Medical
- "The practice of patience toward one another, the overlooking of one another’s defects, and the bearing of one another’s burdens is the most elementary condition of all human and social activity in the family, in the professions, and in society."― Lawrence G. Lovasik
- "Harvard Medical School, the University of South Florida and the American Psychiatric Association have all conducted studies showing that the earlier one begins gambling, the more likely it is he or she will become an addicted, problem gambler."― Spencer Bachus
- "I am very abnormal… But it wasn’t very long ago that I wasn’t so abnormal. I was very normal and headed for a lifetime of paying medical bills as proof of my normalcy."― Dirk Benedict