More From Enid Bagnold
- "In marriage there are no manners to keep up, and beneath the wildest accusations no real criticism. Each is familiar with that ancient child in the other who may erupt again. We are not ridiculous to ourselves. We are ageless. That is the luxury of the wedding ring."
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again."
- "If a dog doesn’t put you first where are you both? In what relation? A dog needs God. It lives by your glances, your wishes. It even shares your humor. This happens about the fifth year. If it doesn’t happen you are only keeping an animal."
More In Medical
- "What’s important at the grocery store is just as important in engines or medical systems. If the customer isn’t satisfied, if the stuff is getting stale, if the shelf isn’t right, or if the offerings aren’t right, it’s the same thing. You manage it like a small organization. You don’t get hung up on zeros."― Jack Welch
- "Stay out of the sun, because it is the worst thing in terms of aging. I’m very medical. I come from a medical family."― Nicole Kidman
- "I never got into sports at all until I was in my early 20s, after my music career got going."― Neal Schon