More From Emma Watson
- "I have felt for the last 10 years I have had this battle; I’ve been fighting so hard to have an education. It’s been this uphill struggle. I was Warner Bros’ pain in the butt. I was their scheduling conflict. I was the one who made life difficult."
- "I’m a feminist, but I think that romance has been taken away a bit for my generation. I think what people connect with in novels is this idea of an overpowering, encompassing love – and it being more important and special than anything and everything else."
- "People don’t really understand, but having people stare, and point, and take pictures, even if it is in a positive framework, is quite isolating; there’s no two ways about it. You feel a little bit, you know, freakish."
More In Freedom
- "I’ve returned to being an amateur without any ties or strings attached, which gives me a freedom I never had before."― Cat Stevens
- "I begin to feel like most Americans don’t understand the First Amendment, don’t understand the idea of freedom of speech, and don’t understand that it’s the responsibility of the citizen to speak out."― Roger Ebert
- "When I was little, my mom tells me, I used to say things like, ‘Mom do you hear the string section? Do you hear the string section?’ And she would look at me and say, ‘No honey, I don’t know what you’re talking about.’"― Tori Amos