More From Emma Thompson
- "I don’t mean being famous is a perk, because one knows that it’s not necessarily a perk, but there are certain perks to being well-known and respected in one’s field. Public perks. Like, I don’t know, general friendliness and willingness to please, just to point out two."
- "We need men and women to sit down and talk to each other about sex honestly and openly. That would help us fight Aids so immediately. But our lack of communication is hugely problematic."
- "We’ve got people looking at our seamy side and our sad side a lot of the time because that’s easier. It’s much more difficult to make a film about happiness with lots of jokes in it."
More In Morning
- "There’s nothing in the world more silent than the telephone the morning after everybody pans your play. It won’t ring from room service; your mother won’t be calling you. If the phone has not rung by 8 in the morning, you’re dead."― David Mamet
- "Sometimes I miss out the morning’s painting session and instead study my Japanese books in the open."― Gustav Klimt
- "Between 2 and 3 in the morning of the 19th inst. I was aroused by the cry that the enemy was upon us."― Richard Francis Burton