More From Emma Thompson
- "If you don’t want women to do whatever they need to do then you must provide them with food, you must provide them with shelter and their basic human rights."
- "The Catholic Church – it’s so difficult because I don’t want say anything offensive but it makes me very angry that religious leaders from this faith have tried to respond negatively to sexual education and to the promotion of condom use."
- "Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening."
More In Society
- "The warrior may fight for gold or for an immediate gain, or for something to take home for the winter to feed the family. The soldier is part of a more complex society. He’s fighting for a group ethic of some sort."― C. J. Cherryh
- "I started out in engineering. I was a geophysical engineer. Throughout the course of my life I’ve done a lot of strange jobs, and the effect has been to make me think a little more skeptically about our capitalist society."― George Saunders
- "Unfortunately, our affluent society has also been an effluent society."― Hubert H. Humphrey