More From Emma Thompson
- "I have had lots of friends who’ve been affected by Aids and a very good friend of mine, Oscar Moore, died of Aids and I was with him in his last year quite a bit. And of course he was a man living in a very rich culture with a wealthy family who was able to afford health care."
- "A lot of very beautiful women can be a pain because all they’re thinking about is how they look."
- "We need men and women to sit down and talk to each other about sex honestly and openly. That would help us fight Aids so immediately. But our lack of communication is hugely problematic."
More In Society
- "The problem of how we finance the welfare state should not obscure a separate issue: if each person thinks he has an inalienable right to welfare, no matter what happens to the world, that’s not equity, it’s just creating a society where you can’t ask anything of people."― Jacques Delors
- "There are many things that people do happily that I can’t imagine why they would do it… But I have to say that even though I am critical or judgmental of society at large, I’m not critical of people individually. We are who we are."― Ian MacKaye
- "I’m an underdog person, so I align myself with those who seem to be not considered valuable in polite society."― Jessica Hagedorn