More From Emma Thompson
- "I understand what it’s like to come with your family, and to uproot yourself and come to another culture. You need a lot of support. People say, ‘She’s got her daughter; she’s got her husband.’ Yeah, but she hasn’t got anyone else."
- "If you don’t want women to do whatever they need to do then you must provide them with food, you must provide them with shelter and their basic human rights."
- "We’ve got people looking at our seamy side and our sad side a lot of the time because that’s easier. It’s much more difficult to make a film about happiness with lots of jokes in it."
More In Society
- "Sooner or later, we sell out for money."― Tony Randall
- "Terrorism is a psychological warfare. Terrorists try to manipulate us and change our behavior by creating fear, uncertainty, and division in society."― Patrick J. Kennedy
- "The society based on production is only productive, not creative."― Albert Camus