More From Emma Thompson
- "I don’t think people understand that being poor means you have to work from dawn until dusk just to survive through the day. I think there’s some notion that poor people lie about all day not doing anything."
- "This morning, I went to wipe my hands on a tea towel, and while I was using it, it seemed like it felt a bit light. I unfolded it and realized my daughter had cut little bits out of it to make frocks for her dolls!"
- "I understand what it’s like to come with your family, and to uproot yourself and come to another culture. You need a lot of support. People say, ‘She’s got her daughter; she’s got her husband.’ Yeah, but she hasn’t got anyone else."
More In Food
- "I love shopping, especially food shopping."― Emma Bunton
- "I can pretty much live without fast food. I haven’t eaten McDonald’s in so long, but it’s okay."― Ed Westwick
- "It’s very clear that there’s a lot of double standards going on. Should there be a 30mph speed limit? Of course there bloody should. And certainly with kids and school food, kids need to be nannied for sure. So give them a bloody good meal at school."― Jamie Oliver