More From Emma Thompson
- "I was brought up by very witty people who were dealing with quite difficult things: disease and death… I was brought up by people who tended to giggle at funerals."
- "I don’t think people understand that being poor means you have to work from dawn until dusk just to survive through the day. I think there’s some notion that poor people lie about all day not doing anything."
- "We’ve got people looking at our seamy side and our sad side a lot of the time because that’s easier. It’s much more difficult to make a film about happiness with lots of jokes in it."
More In Food
- "I hate menus, I hate choosing food. I just want to be brought. Bring me dinner!"― Hugh Laurie
- "Liver is my number one most hated food. Oh, God, I get sick talking about it!"― Guy Fieri
- "My husband cooks fancier food for himself than I’ve ever cooked on-air. I call him from the road, and he’s making champagne-vanilla salmon or black-cherry pork chop. Half of me is feeling unworthy. Not only am I not a chef, I’m not a better cook than my own husband!"― Rachael Ray