More From Emma Thompson
- "But when I lose my temper, I find it difficult to forgive myself. I feel I’ve failed. I can be calm in a crisis, in the face of death or things that hurt badly. I don’t get hysterical, which may be masochistic of me."
- "I have had lots of friends who’ve been affected by Aids and a very good friend of mine, Oscar Moore, died of Aids and I was with him in his last year quite a bit. And of course he was a man living in a very rich culture with a wealthy family who was able to afford health care."
- "I don’t think people understand that being poor means you have to work from dawn until dusk just to survive through the day. I think there’s some notion that poor people lie about all day not doing anything."
More In Family
- "It’s an important thing to have a relationship with the director, and have it be a positive one."― Trevor Rabin
- "Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back."― John Ruskin
- "You know sit with your arm around a little kid and read. It not only teaches them to read but it keeps the family strong."― Barbara Bush