More From Emma Thompson
- "This morning, I went to wipe my hands on a tea towel, and while I was using it, it seemed like it felt a bit light. I unfolded it and realized my daughter had cut little bits out of it to make frocks for her dolls!"
- "We’ve got people looking at our seamy side and our sad side a lot of the time because that’s easier. It’s much more difficult to make a film about happiness with lots of jokes in it."
- "I understand what it’s like to come with your family, and to uproot yourself and come to another culture. You need a lot of support. People say, ‘She’s got her daughter; she’s got her husband.’ Yeah, but she hasn’t got anyone else."
More In Work
- "Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars."― Henry Van Dyke
- "I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me."― Brad Pitt
- "You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; in just the same way, you learn to love by loving."― Anatole France