More From Emil Zatopek
- "If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then will power is no longer a problem. It’s raining? That doesn’t matter. I am tired? That’s besides the point. It’s simply that I just have to."
- "Great is the victory, but the friendship of all is greater."
- "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."
More In Experience
- "Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other."― Benjamin Franklin
- "It was less a literary thing than a linguistic, philosophical preoccupation… discovering how far you can go with language to create immediate, elementary experience."― Robert Morgan
- "And it was a very, very fruitful and great relationship between the Stones and The Beatles. It was very, very friendly."― Keith Richards