More From Emanuel Swedenborg
- "And as the Divine that goes forth from the Lord is the good of love and the truth of faith, the angels are angels and are heaven in the measure in which they receive good and truth from the Lord."
- "In the spiritual body moreover, man appears such as he is with respect to love and faith, for everyone in the spiritual world is the effigy of his own love, not only as to the face and the body, but also as to the speech and the actions."
- "To have dominion by religion, is to have dominion over men’s souls, thus over their very spiritual life, and to use the Divine things, which are in their religion, as the means."
More In Happiness
- "It is the framework which changes with each new technology and not just the picture within the frame."― Marshall McLuhan
- "Some of us learned in a school of philosophy which taught that all was for the common good and nothing for oneself and have never, in any case, regarded the pursuit of happiness as anything other than an aberration of the human spirit."― John Grierson
- "The addiction to sports, therefore, in a peculiar degree marks an arrested development in man’s moral nature."― Thorstein Veblen