More From Emanuel Celler
- "We believe firmly that Communism internally and externally can and must be fought without resort to the Communist tactics of the suppression of all individual freedom."
- "On the one hand we publicly pronounce the equality of all peoples; on the other hand, in our immigration laws, we embrace in practice these very theories we abhor and verbally condemn."
- "The power to investigate is a great public trust."
More In Humor
- "One of my favorite things about ‘Star Trek’ wasn’t just the overt banter but the humor in that show about the relationships between the main characters and their reactions to the situations they would face; there was a lot of comedy in that show without ever breaking its reality."― J. J. Abrams
- "I try to bring it across on my record, in my dress, in what I do and what I say because to me humor is important. You should have a dose of that and I guess giving it is what I’m here for."― Bootsy Collins
- "Wit is the lowest form of humor."― Alexander Pope