More From Ellen Ochoa
- "A hallmark of the Latino community is to help one another, if students are interested in a way to give back and help their communities, becoming a teacher is probably one of the very best ways of doing that."
- "I think of it as a good opportunity to let, in particular, school kids know that this job and other interesting jobs in science and engineering are open to anyone who works hard in school and gets a good education and studies math and science. And that it’s not just for a select group of people."
- "Usually, girls weren’t encouraged to go to college and major in math and science. My high school calculus teacher, Ms. Paz Jensen, made math appealing and motivated me to continue studying it in college."
More In Technology
- "This would only come if you have a revolutionary change in technology like the jet brought about."― Adolf Galland
- "Champagne, if you are seeking the truth, is better than a lie detector. It encourages a man to be expansive, even reckless, while lie detectors are only a challenge to tell lies successfully."― Graham Greene
- "I’m always interested in what you can do with technology that people haven’t thought of doing yet."― Brian Eno