More From Ellen Ochoa
- "I think of it as a good opportunity to let, in particular, school kids know that this job and other interesting jobs in science and engineering are open to anyone who works hard in school and gets a good education and studies math and science. And that it’s not just for a select group of people."
- "I tell students that the opportunities I had were a result of having a good educational background. Education is what allows you to stand out."
- "I don’t recall any interest in science in particular. It came later in college."
More In Technology
- "The technology at the leading edge changes so rapidly that you have to keep current after you get out of school. I think probably the most important thing is having good fundamentals."― Gordon Moore
- "Technology is so much fun but we can drown in our technology. The fog of information can drive out knowledge."― Daniel J. Boorstin
- "Concentration of executive power, unless it’s very temporary and for specific circumstances, let’s say fighting world war two, it’s an assault on democracy."― Noam Chomsky