More From Elizabeth Wurtzel
- "Sometimes I wish that there were a way to let people know that just because I live in a world without rules, and in a life that is lawless, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t hurt so bad the morning after."
- "Age is a terrible avenger. The lessons of life give you so much to work with, but by the time you’ve got all this great wisdom, you don’t get to be young anymore."
- "In life, single women are the most vulnerable adults. In movies, they are given imaginary power."
More In Happiness
- "The consuming desire of most human beings is deliberately to plant their whole life in the hands of some other person. I would describe this method of searching for happiness as immature. Development of character consists solely in moving toward self-sufficiency."― Quentin Crisp
- "We have arrived at that point of time in which we are forced to see our own humiliation, as a nation, and that a progression in this line cannot be a productive of happiness, private or public."― Henry Knox
- "Happiness… consists in giving, and in serving others."― Henry Drummond