More From Elizabeth Wurtzel
- "In life, single women are the most vulnerable adults. In movies, they are given imaginary power."
- "I was meant to date the captain of the football team, I was going to be on a romantic excursion every Saturday night, I was destined to be collecting corsages from every boy in town before prom, accepting such floral offerings like competing sacrifices to a Delphic goddess."
- "It was just very interesting to me that certain types of women inspire people’s imagination, and all of them were very difficult women."
More In Happiness
- "The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness."― Eric Hoffer
- "There is no true love save in suffering, and in this world we have to choose either love, which is suffering, or happiness. Man is the more man – that is, the more divine – the greater his capacity for suffering, or rather, for anguish."― Miguel de Unamuno
- "Exercise is labor without weariness."― Samuel Johnson