More From Elizabeth Gilbert
- "Listen – of course money changes everything, but so does sunlight, and so does food: These are powerful but neutral energy sources, neither inherently good nor evil but shaped only by the way we use them."
- "I feel like there are women who are genuinely born to be mothers, and women who are born to be aunties, and women who really probably not should be allowed near children. The tragedy that happens is when any one of those women ends up in the wrong category."
- "Unfenced by law, the unmarried lover can quit a bad relationship at any time. But you – the legally married person who wants to escape doomed love – may soon discover that a significant portion of your marriage contract belongs to the State, and that it sometimes takes a very long while for the State to grant you your leave."
More In Wedding
- "I don’t follow trends. I make each cake for a particular wedding, or event."― Ron Ben-Israel
- "I wear my wedding ring. We talk about when we’re going to get married again, which we hope is going to take place some time in this incredibly hectic calendar year."― Jim Lampley
- "On my wedding day. I didn’t want a natural, blushing-bride look – I had a full-on hairdo and red lips. I thought it would be disingenuous to do the whole virginal look, so even though I had the white dress, I had pink net underneath."― Sophie Ellis Bextor