More From Elizabeth Gilbert
- "I think that people who live in cultures without quite so much privilege, opportunity or grandiosity have a little bit more respect for the workings of destiny, and the limitations that people can find themselves in through no fault of their own."
- "I don’t hate humanity and I’m not interested in people who do. Although, it’s funny, actually, some of my favorite writers really do. Like Martin Amis. My dirty secret. ‘London Fields’ is one of my favorite books ever. And it’s indefensible! But he’s so funny… I forgive him everything."
- "I push every day against forces that say you have to go faster, be more effective, be more productive, you have to constantly outdo yourself, you have to constantly outdo your neighbor – all of the stuff that creates an incredibly productive society, but also a very neurotic one."
More In Famous
- "Now, we believe that the majority of teachers in America know our system must be reformed, to put students first so that America can compete, that teachers don’t teach to become rich or famous. They teach because they love children."― Chris Christie
- "When you’re rich and famous you are the dominant force in a relationship, even if you try hard not to be. I’ve talked of sacrificing everything for Fleetwood Mac, but I realize now that it is simply the only thing I’ve ever wanted to do."― Stevie Nicks
- "The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it."― Mother Teresa