More From Elizabeth Gilbert
- "Mine is just a simple old human story – of one person trying, with great rigor and discipline, to comprehend her personal relationship with divinity."
- "Listen – of course money changes everything, but so does sunlight, and so does food: These are powerful but neutral energy sources, neither inherently good nor evil but shaped only by the way we use them."
- "My career started young and I was really ambitious, and then I had success and I hung out with people who were much older. I think I might have been temporally misplaced, so I thought I was 40. It was a premature midlife crisis."
More In Famous
- "Europe, which gave us the idea of same-sex marriage, is a dying society, with birthrates 50 percent below replacement."― Maggie Gallagher
- "Being big and famous doesn’t get you more freedom, it gets you less."― Robert Wyatt
- "They gave it to us for about five bucks a week, and we just went there to live. Probably the first band that ever did that back then and it became the famous cottage."― Vanessa Paradis