More From Elisabeth Shue
- "My mom had started to go to work when I was nine or ten, so I was aware of women trying to find their own identities by working. But I was still influenced by men to such an extreme. I wanted to play their games and wanted to compete in their world and be like them."
- "People love to talk about how the ’70s are the only time they made movies about characters, and adult movies, and complicated people. But in the ’80s, they got away with some of those too."
- "I see myself at a certain age as not being able to play the kind of parts that would keep me stimulated, and I can’t imagine my life ending professionally the moment that I’ve got to go to the plastic surgeon and have my face rearranged."
More In Experience
- "There are so many reactions to art that make sense to me – but ‘ick’ means something."― Lena Dunham
- "Experience, as a desire for experience, does not come off. We must not study ourselves while having an experience."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Obviously an actor draws on his own experience."― Christopher Walken