More From Elisabeth Shue
- "I understand now that the vulnerability I’ve always felt is the greatest strength a person can have. You can’t experience life without feeling life. What I’ve learned is that being vulnerable to somebody you love is not a weakness, it’s a strength."
- "People love to talk about how the ’70s are the only time they made movies about characters, and adult movies, and complicated people. But in the ’80s, they got away with some of those too."
- "I don’t think ‘Cocktail’ was a perfect critical success, but it touched a vein in our culture."
More In Experience
- "I turned 24 in the middle of my first World Cup and it was quite an unbelievable experience. It’s really hard for words to do it justice."― Cobi Jones
- "A leader who confines his role to his people’s experience dooms himself to stagnation; a leader who outstrips his people’s experience runs the risk of not being understood."― Henry A. Kissinger
- "The network shows tend to be run, in general, in my experience, by committee, and it’s hard for actors and writers to do their jobs."― Hope Davis