More From Elihu Root
- "Men do not fail; they give up trying."
- "To deal with the true causes of war one must begin by recognizing as of prime relevancy to the solution of the problem the familiar fact that civilization is a partial, incomplete, and, to a great extent, superficial modification of barbarism."
- "The growth of modern constitutional government compels for its successful practice the exercise of reason and considerate judgment by the individual citizens who constitute the electorate."
More In Peace
- "Who’s to say that there is any more support for Freud’s psychoanalytic concept of the superego than there is for that old time religion that asserted that there is a God who ordains what is right and wrong, and that His righteousness endures for all generations?"― Tony Campolo
- "You don’t make peace with friends. You make it with very unsavory enemies."― Yitzhak Rabin
- "In view of China’s growing military strength and intentions, the best way to safeguard Asia’s permanent peace and prosperity is to have all Asian countries join forces with other democratic countries in the world to form a global community of democracies."― Jim Costa