More From Eleanor Roosevelt
- "It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it."
- "People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
- "Campaign behavior for wives: Always be on time. Do as little talking as humanly possible. Lean back in the parade car so everybody can see the president."
More In Courage
- "Someone once told me the one thread that runs through them all is a premium on personal courage – not intellectual courage, but just plain physical courage."― Walter Lord
- "Throughout the history of our young nation, we have seen our military go bravely into battle, armed with courage and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice."― John M. McHugh
- "It is so often true that whether a person carries with him an atmosphere of gloom and depression or one of confidence and courage depends on his individual outlook."― James Keller