More From Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Campaign behavior for wives: Always be on time. Do as little talking as humanly possible. Lean back in the parade car so everybody can see the president."
- "A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
- "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot."
More In Courage
- "There can be a fundamental gulf of gracelessness in a human heart which neither our love nor our courage can bridge."― Patrick Campbell
- "Courage without conscience is a wild beast."― Robert Green Ingersoll
- "To live we must conquer incessantly, we must have the courage to be happy."― Henri Frederic Amiel