More From Edward Tufte
- "The minimum we should hope for with any display technology is that it should do no harm."
- "I do believe that there are some universal cognitive tasks that are deep and profound – indeed, so deep and profound that it is worthwhile to understand them in order to design our displays in accord with those tasks."
- "The leading edge in evidence presentation is in science; the leading edge in beauty is in high art."
More In Science
- "Science is nothing, but trained and organized common sense."― Thomas Huxley
- "The radical novelty of modern science lies precisely in the rejection of the belief… that the forces which move the stars and atoms are contingent upon the preferences of the human heart."― Walter Lippmann
- "But now I’ve got a young son and his interest is in science and now when I talk to him, I see that in the science sphere of our lives there is new, there is progress."― Janet Suzman