More From Edward Tufte
- "Beautiful Evidence is about the theory and practice of analytical design."
- "The leading edge in evidence presentation is in science; the leading edge in beauty is in high art."
- "I do believe that there are some universal cognitive tasks that are deep and profound – indeed, so deep and profound that it is worthwhile to understand them in order to design our displays in accord with those tasks."
More In Computers
- "Kids today are smarter than we ever were. And they’ve got computers, too, which is awesome. They’re scary to me."― David Arquette
- "Over and over again, financial experts and wonkish talking heads endeavor to explain these mysterious, ‘toxic’ financial instruments to us lay folk. Over and over, they ignobly fail, because we all know that no one understands credit default obligations and derivatives, except perhaps Mr. Buffett and the computers who created them."― Richard Dooling
- "Every science has for its basis a system of principles as fixed and unalterable as those by which the universe is regulated and governed. Man cannot make principles; he can only discover them."― Thomas Paine