More From Edward Tufte
- "The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly – to develop strategies of seeing and showing."
- "I do believe that there are some universal cognitive tasks that are deep and profound – indeed, so deep and profound that it is worthwhile to understand them in order to design our displays in accord with those tasks."
- "The leading edge in evidence presentation is in science; the leading edge in beauty is in high art."
More In Design
- "Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace."― Ulysses S. Grant
- "Obviously, I come from one background, and the people that design fitness equipment have been doing it for years and years, and they know what works and doesn’t work."― Lance Armstrong
- "My style is kind of eclectic and I don’t like to do the same thing over and over again. I like to have fun and explore myself so you won’t see the same design."― Venus Williams