More From Edward Thorndike
- "From the lowest animals of which we can affirm intelligence up to man this type of intellect is found."
- "Just as the science and art of agriculture depend upon chemistry and botany, so the art of education depends upon physiology and psychology."
- "There is no reasoning, no process of inference or comparison; there is no thinking about things, no putting two and two together; there are no ideas – the animal does not think of the box or of the food or of the act he is to perform."
More In Nature
- "Everything in Nature contains all the powers of Nature. Everything is made of one hidden stuff."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Human Nature is the only science of man; and yet has been hitherto the most neglected."― David Hume