More From Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- "If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues."
- "In science, read, by preference, the newest works; in literature, the oldest. The classic literature is always modern."
- "No author ever drew a character consistent to human nature, but he was forced to ascribe to it many inconsistencies."
More In Nature
- "Many cats are the death of the mouse."― Kaspar Hauser
- "Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are dead."― Aldous Huxley
- "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."― Thomas Jefferson