More From Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- "One of the surest evidences of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude, and amending the error."
- "Power is so characteristically calm, that calmness in itself has the aspect of strength."
- "A reform is a correction of abuses; a revolution is a transfer of power."
More In Happiness
- "When you’re in love, you’re so happy that you want to tell people about it. But now I have to censor myself. You need to protect the happiness you have."― Emily Blunt
- "Bring love and peace and happiness and beautiful lives into the world in my honor. Thank you. Love you."― Aron Ralston
- "A woman’s heart must be of such a size and no larger, else it must be pressed small, like Chinese feet; her happiness is to be made as cakes are, by a fixed recipe."― George Eliot