More From Edmund Burke
- "People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous."
- "Magnanimity in politics is not seldom the truest wisdom; and a great empire and little minds go ill together."
- "All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue, and every prudent act, is founded on compromise and barter."
More In Society
- "Intuition becomes increasingly valuable in the new information society precisely because there is so much data."― John Naisbitt
- "Never face facts; if you do you’ll never get up in the morning."― Marlo Thomas
- "I’m an underdog person, so I align myself with those who seem to be not considered valuable in polite society."― Jessica Hagedorn