More From Edie Brickell
- "A lot of the songs start with an image. I was sitting there playing the guitar and I pictured this old, dirty green car, with the window rolled down, in the hot, hot, hot Texas heat, and this beautiful woman I knew when I was a kid sitting behind the wheel, looking out at me."
- "I can make dressing – or stuffing. Y’all call it stuffing up here, we call it dressing down there. It’s really good dressing. That family recipe was passed on, and I love to make that."
- "No matter how famous and established they were or however blessed they were with great songs or long careers, if they lived alone, they lived alone. That’s not the way I wanted to live prior to the tour or after."
More In Food
- "I like to abide by the seasons and let the natural flavor in food speak for itself. I use quick cooking techniques of high heat with very little fat, such as quick saute or wok stir-frying."― Cat Cora
- "Everything is just better in California – the wine, the food, fruits and vegetables, the comforts of living. Even the instrumentalists are generous and curious. Everything is wonderful."― Beth Anderson
- "It is obvious that the greatest and most important service that is required of our agriculture under existing conditions is an enlarged production of the staple food crops."― David F. Houston