More From Edie Brickell
- "My grandmother was the greatest cook in the world. She could just go in there, the whole kitchen would look like a tornado hit it and then she’d come out with the best food. Then she’d sit at the table and she wouldn’t eat!"
- "I can make dressing – or stuffing. Y’all call it stuffing up here, we call it dressing down there. It’s really good dressing. That family recipe was passed on, and I love to make that."
- "A lot of the songs start with an image. I was sitting there playing the guitar and I pictured this old, dirty green car, with the window rolled down, in the hot, hot, hot Texas heat, and this beautiful woman I knew when I was a kid sitting behind the wheel, looking out at me."
More In Mom
- "My mom always says, ‘If you don’t believe in something, you’ll lose yourself completely.’"― Hilary Duff
- "We never had a bathtub. Mom would bathe me in the wooden or tin washtub in the kitchen, or in a big lard can."― Ethel Waters
- "Bill Gates wants people to think he’s Edison, when he’s really Rockefeller. Referring to Gates as the smartest man in America isn’t right… wealth isn’t the same thing as intelligence."― Larry Ellison