More From Edie Brickell
- "A lot of the songs start with an image. I was sitting there playing the guitar and I pictured this old, dirty green car, with the window rolled down, in the hot, hot, hot Texas heat, and this beautiful woman I knew when I was a kid sitting behind the wheel, looking out at me."
- "No matter how famous and established they were or however blessed they were with great songs or long careers, if they lived alone, they lived alone. That’s not the way I wanted to live prior to the tour or after."
- "I can make dressing – or stuffing. Y’all call it stuffing up here, we call it dressing down there. It’s really good dressing. That family recipe was passed on, and I love to make that."
More In Mom
- "I dyed my hair blonde when I was 14. My mom was not happy. But I love being blonde."― Rita Ora
- "Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials."― Meryl Streep
- "The Peace Corps would give thousands of young Americans a chance to see at first hand the conditions in remote areas of the world."― Sargent Shriver