More From Ed Markey
- "Education is not only a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future."
- "The Brown decision promised that every child, regardless of the color of his or her skin, would have unequivocal access to quality education and an equal opportunity to pursue his/her dreams."
- "Although children are only 24 percent of the population, they’re 100 percent of our future and we cannot afford to provide any child with a substandard education."
More In Leadership
- "The people and the mindset that killed 3,000 of our fellow citizens on September 11 2001, would have killed not 3,000, but 300,000 if they could have or 3 million or 30 million. We need to do everything we can within our value systems and legal structures to make sure that doesn’t happen."― Tim Pawlenty
- "I think most Americans understand that we went through a period in which American leadership was judged quite critically internationally."― Susan Rice
- "I think what actually works best is local-level individual targeting of key leadership nodes."― John Abizaid