More From Ed Markey
- "Although children are only 24 percent of the population, they’re 100 percent of our future and we cannot afford to provide any child with a substandard education."
- "Education is not only a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future."
- "You have to wait six months to purchase a fuel efficient automobile made from overseas."
More In Success
- "If success had come along when I was 17 it would either have killed me or sent me completely mad."― Alex Kapranos
- "How one handles success or failure is determined by their early childhood."― Harold Ramis
- "Well, certainly one of the ironies of the success of affirmative action is that the middle class within the black community no longer lives within ‘black community’ by and large."― Henry Louis Gates