More From Ed Markey
- "The problem is, is that President Bush and the Republican leadership in the Congress have resisted attempts to increase dramatically our fuel economy standards over the last five years."
- "Scientists at MIT and engineering schools all across America say that they could improve the fuel economy standards for the existing set of vehicles by 10 miles per gallon using existing technology, without compromising safety or comfort at all."
- "Our nation’s security, economy, and place on the world stage depends on the success our educational system."
More In Education
- "Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is."― Isaac Asimov
- "I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship."― Aeschylus
- "I do not want to speak about overpopulation or birth control, but I think education is the way to give new impetus to the poverty question."― Harri Holkeri