More From Ed Gillespie
- "I accept people for who they are and love them. That doesn’t mean I have to agree or that I have to turn my back on the tenets of my faith and reject the tenets of my faith when it comes to homosexuality."
- "When you were a volunteer for the Bush-Cheney campaign, you came in the morning; you had a supervisor who gave you a list of calls to make and a time to do it in."
- "But I think there was a sense amongst the House Republicans especially that we didn’t just want to be opposed to Bill Clinton; that we wanted to tell the country what we were for and to brand ourselves in a more positive manner."
More In Politics
- "I’ve rarely kept my distance from kind of – I don’t know if we can call it politics, but kind of, civic engagement and that kind of thing, except I tended to think, ‘Well, do it yourself before you start telling other people what they should be doing.’"― David Byrne
- "Early on I saw the repression and idolatry of Stalinism, and when it cracked, I was open to religion again."― Lionel Blue
- "Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul."― Ovid