More From Earl Warren
- "To separate children from others of similar age and qualifications solely because of their race generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely ever to be undone."
- "Many people consider the things government does for them to be social progress but they regard the things government does for others as socialism."
- "All provisions of federal, state or local law requiring or permitting discrimination in public education must yield."
More In Education
- "Many thousands of youth have been deprived of the benefit of education thereby, their morals ruined, and talents irretrievably lost to society, for want of cultivation: while two parties have been idly contending who should bestow it."― Joseph Lancaster
- "By education most have been misled; So they believe, because they were bred. The priest continues where the nurse began, And thus the child imposes on the man."― John Dryden
- "There is a great deal of political pressure to only talk about abstinence, and to deny support for condoms and education on using them. This policy will lead to the unnecessary deaths of many people."― Hillary Clinton