More From E. W. Howe
- "There is nothing so well known as that we should not expect something for nothing – but we all do and call it Hope."
- "Half the time men think they are talking business, they are wasting time."
- "If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."
More In Good
- "A man is born alone and dies alone; and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone; and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode."― Chanakya
- "I question myself every day. That’s what I still find motivating about this. I don’t have the answers, I don’t pretend that I do just because I won the match. Just keep fighting and maybe something good happens."― Andre Agassi
- "The most important thing is to read as much as you can, like I did. It will give you an understanding of what makes good writing and it will enlarge your vocabulary."― J. K. Rowling