More From E. W. Howe
- "Marriage is a good deal like a circus: there is not as much in it as is represented in the advertising."
- "When a friend is in trouble, don’t annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it."
- "If a man has money, it is usually a sign, too, that he knows how to take care of it; don’t imagine his money is easy to get simply because he has plenty of it."
More In Good
- "It’s a good place when all you have is hope and not expectations."― Danny Boyle
- "No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed."― Harold MacMillan
- "My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you’ll be happy; if not, you’ll become a philosopher."― Socrates